Tentwood Sales Manager Job Description
Title: Sales Manager
Reports to: GM/Owner
Compensation: Commission + monthly stipend
Love helping clients, the thrill of the sale, and meeting people in the event industry? Read on!
The Sales Manager will be responsible for all aspects of soliciting new business and increasing bookings at Tentwood by building a profitable and sustained relationship with private and corporate clients, actively representing the Tentwood brand within and outside of the community, and staying current with trending event activities and reporting findings to management and staff. The Sales Manager schedules and conducts client meetings with the expectation of closing the sale at the end of the meeting.
About Tentwood Events
Founded in 2017, Tentwood Event is a Seattle-based company that provides a pop-up barn for weddings, corporate, and social events. With one day to set up and one day to break down, this venue literally comes to you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Grow the number of bookings for Tentwood and achieve planned targets
- Oversee sales process including:
- Answering phones, emails
- Schedule and host sales tours
- Execute client sales proposals, contracts, and collect payments
- Conduct post-event client follow ups for reviews, deposit returns, etc.
- Maintain and negotiate all vendor contracts, commission income, and vendor relationships of Tentwood
- Procure or manage preferred partner venues and vendors and/or updating agreements for catering, alcohol, rentals, etc. on a yearly basis along with GM/owner
- Communicate with GM/owner on sales activities and trending information, interacting with current and potential customers on the phone, email, and by setting in person meetings
- Establish strong knowledge of the Tentwood brand including capacity restriction, physical logistics, rental options, and booking agreement policies
- Attend networking events and represent the Tentwood brand at monthly ILEA, NACE, Wedding Network, and Snohomish Wedding Guild meetings.
- Provide input for marketing and advertising pieces when needed.
- Manage the response to qualified leads in event software, client emails and phone inquiries when needed.
- Advise GM/owner and offer suggestions for yearly updates on current sales documents such as contract, templates, one-sheets, Tentwood rules and regulations, etc.
- Assist with internal Marketing Events (open house, tours)
- Assist with outside marketing events (bridal shows, trade shows, etc.)
- Provide daily reporting to GM/owner
- Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in event management, hospitality, marketing or a closely related field.
- Three years of experience including event and/or facility management;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Event sales experience with Corporate, Weddings and Social Events.
- Thorough knowledge of event work flows, planning, and event sales.
- Independent self-starter that thrives in a fast pace, constantly changing environment
- Willingness and ability to work weekends, evenings and occasional holidays as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Calendar, and ability to learn new customer relationship management software
- Must be very organized, and able to communicate well both with clients and management.
- Work nights and weekends as needed.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility – ability to service clients with little notice.
- Sense of humor is a must.
- Social media savvy preferred.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying – tables, chairs, boxes (50 lb. maximum) occasionally. Bending/kneeling – taping down cords, skirting tables, picking up floor after function, occasionally.
www.tentwood.com / @TentwoodEvents on Facebook + Instagram